PAGES

nine bags to sew

Friday, January 10, 2014

1. Go Anywhere bag // from Noodlehead
2. Pleated, lined handbag // from Warehouse Fabrics Inc.
3. Buttercup bag // from Made By Rae
4. Messenger bag // from no time to sew
5. 241 tote // from Noodlehead
6. Braided Belt messenger bag // from Cold Hands Warm Heart
7. Two Tone fabric totes // from Make It and Love It
8. Phoebe bag // from artsy-crafty babe
9. Cargo Duffle Pattern for Robert Kaufman // from Noodlehead

I love bags. I put everything in bags. I put my bags in bags. I also love to sew. I do it very rarely and I am not very good at it at all. But practice makes perfect (or so they say....) so this year I would really like to sew more and practice those skills! These are nine bags that I really like and would love to try my hand at. If you couldn't tell, I am also really fond of Anna's designs (Noodlehead).

One of the reasons I don't sew very much is because, as I said, I am not very good at it and I find it disappointing and discouraging to finish a project, step back, take a look, and find it uneven or lumpy with crooked seams and hemlines. But every new bag is a chance at practice and a project you will be happy with, so I am going to try sewing all these so that by this time next year every project I pick up I can sew with the confidence that when I step back to take that look I will be pleased with what I see.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code